031018 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> no problem here using GCC 3.2.3 .  it took  5 h 45 m , incl download.
> You must have a very fast connection and a *very* fast computer.

ordinary ADSL ( c 45 min  IIRC), Athlon XP 2500+ , Soyo mobo, 512 MB DDR400.
what worried me was that it threatened to run out of HD space,
using  c 2,5 GB  for its temporary files.  i'm looking fwd to KDE 3.2 (grin).

is there a way to tell Emerge to use a specific dir for temporary storage?
i have a  12 GB  part'n specifically intended for that kind of thing,
which i have mounted simply as  /z .

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]