On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:31:43 +0200 Redeeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i have a Athlon XP1800+ with 640mb ddr pc2100ram, it takes me 3 seconds
> to start my own compiled openoffice-ximian1.1-r1, both first and second
> time, the openoffice1.0-bin i got took 12 seconds first time, and 7
> seconds second time, so i am happy with my own compiled ;-)

Sound cool.  Sometime when I can setup enough temp space, I'll try it again.
OTOH, since I normally only use OO a few times a month, I can tolerate 8
seconds quite easily.

> ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
> /\                        - against microsoft attachments

I agree about html mail.  But Microsoft attachments are a lot more tolerable
with OO!

What I really despise is pdf attachments.  OO will create pdf just fine, but
there's no way to read and modify it on linux (that I am aware of).

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the