Hey,

  I'm installing tomorrow & havn't seen it in either the install
docs or on any Web page, but is gentoo optimised with /swap in a
particular position?  RH wants it at the end of a disk, I
remember mdk wants it as the second partition, etc.  I'll
probably do /boot, then /, then /swap on the drive I'm installing
on...unless someone tells me otherwise.

  Oh, my /home is on hdb, & I'm thinking of reformatting my
current hda (after I've successfully installed gentoo) -- which
I'm swapping with the current hdd for gentoo -- & putting /var
on it.  Any hassles involved in moving var from hda to hdd
~after~ installing gentoo?  After all, I could set a link on hda,
right?

  Meph

--
  Halley's Comet: It came, we saw, we drank.