[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
031018 Van Eps, Nathan D. (James Tower) wrote:

I can't get my LiveCD to boot.
I always get the error: "isolinux: Disk error 44, AX=4280, drive 9F".
Has anyone got that error before? Does anyone know what it means?
I've tried the "gentoo" and the "smp" kernel
and a bunch of different permutations of the installation options.
I have the 1.4 AthlonXP live CD
and my system is a dual Athlon MP workstation.

i cdn't boot the Gentoo CD 1 : kernel 2.4.21 doesn't like my hardware,
ie Athlon XP 2500+ & Soyo mobo (the same thing happened with Mdk 9.1 ).
i got install'n to start using Knoppix, tho' that caused another problem
when i removed the Knoppix CD to insert the Gentoo CD to copy files
(how i solved it is another story).

Just in case any of us run into this same problem, how did you solve it?

--
Andrew Gaffney