Hello,

You were right. My CD was bad. I burned a new one. Unfortunately it doesn't
have the nice picture like the old one. :(

The weird thing is I got the error again with the new CD once. And I've
froze twice during the install. I think something might be flaky with my dvd
drive.

Despite the flakiness, I've almost got gentoo installed. I just gotta get
grub to work and I'm set.

Thanks for the help,
Nathan Van Eps