On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 11:44:28AM +0200, ?yvind Stegard wrote:
> It uses AMD's PowerNow! speedstepping technology to preserve
> battery power when the system load is low. This works just fine in
> Windows XP since there is a driver (amdk7.sys) for the CPU feature, but
> I don't think there is one for Linux (??).

As another poster said, ac-sources include CPU frequency scaling.  The bad
news is that it's not very well documented, and you have to manage the CPU
speed yourself.  For example, I've written a short script to halve my
processor speed when I'm on battery and take it even lower when the system
load is low.

Unless you want to invest some serious time researching it, you might want
to wait for kernel 2.6.

/jgt
--
Actually, I hate computers. I'm just here for the EMF.  -- The Cube