On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 09:30, Erwin Lang wrote:
> we have about 15 servers in our company, and I'm not interested in downloading
> the same packages from the internet for each server. If anybody knows a
> better way of solving this problem, please let me know.
> thank you!
I've been thinking along those very lines. My idea would be to have one
server as the main builder. It does the syncing, downloading and
compiling of the packages. Then all the other servers have to do install
the packages.

This would have to assume the same hardware for all servers (unless you
want to get fancy and compile for multiple platforms).

Whether this is currently possible I do not know.

Another feature I would like to see would be the ability of emerge
downloading multiple packages at once if you give it the download only
flag. This would help speed up install times.

Cheers

Dg