You may want to check out mplayerplug-in.  It's a bit odly named, but it
will run as the video player for all the mozilla derived browsers, using
the mplayer drivers.  Not sure if it automagically will work with
firebird, you may need to copy the files from /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
to /usr/lib/MozillaFirebird/plugins (check what is loaded with
'about:plugins').

Alan

Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://arcterex.net