Check the contents of your plugins directory (both the
/usr/lib/MozillaFirebird one and your $HOME one (not sure where that is
though)) and make sure that the old .so files that are related to
quicktime are out of there.  qpkg -l <package> should show you where the
files are installed.  At this point I'd almost suggest just nuking the
quicktime4linux or whatever packages you have and getting your browser
up and going, then go with the mplayerplug-in.

Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://arcterex.net