On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 10:01, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> I believe the recent problems getting mod_perl to work correctly I've been having
> are due
> to the module search order. CGI.pm that comes with Perl 5.8.1 is in
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.1
> while the CGI.pm installed by CGI-3.0 that is required by mod_perl-1.99.09 is
> installed in
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.1. I believe Perl is finding the original CGI.pm file
> first
> which is causing the "Apache.pm not found errors" that a few people have been
> reporting.
> Now, to my actual question: how do you change the module directory search order for
> Perl
> and mod_perl?

You can modify the @INC used by mod_perl through
/etc/apache2/conf/modules.d/apache2-mod_perl-startup.pl . Add a 'use
lib' line similar to the one already present in the file. I'm not sure
what version of perl you are using, but the CGI.pm module included in
dev-lang/perl-5.8.1-r1 appears to be identical to the one included in
dev-perl/CGI-3.00.

Doug