Hmmm. I don't use pcmcia, so I have no direct experience. I guess you should
make sure support is enabled (say "y" in config), or if it's a module, make
sure it loads at boot. Another thought- could this be an item requiring an
initrd file in /boot? Apparently, the device itself needs to be supported
too. I'd like to know, even though I'm not currently using it. Here's a link
for some reading on the subject- guess I'll check it out.

http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/

Robert Crawford