#
# PCMCIA/CardBus support
#
CONFIG_PCMCIA=y
CONFIG_YENTA=y
CONFIG_CARDBUS=y
# CONFIG_I82092 is not set
# CONFIG_TCIC is not set

You could also enable any of the above (or all for that matter), and load them after-the-fact. At a minimum, you'll need CONFIG_PCMCIA enabled, and at least one bridge/bus driver. My wireless card happens to use the YENTA driver, so technically, I could disable CARDBUS in the above config. On my 'round-tu-it' list ;-)

Problem with the 2.6 kernel (at least at this point in time, and with reference to Gentoo and their ebuilds) is that you must have PCMCIA enabled before PCMCIA-CS will install. And if PCMCIA-CS sees that PCMCIA is enabled in the kernel, all it will do is add the PCMCIA utilities. So if the current kernel doesn't support your bus/bridge or driver, you can't get it from PCMCIA-CS. I suspect we'll see (a) vendors addressing the situation, and (b) a PCMCIA-CS update as soon as 2.6 gets closer to "reality".

Best,
/tom