On Saturday 25 October 2003 10:40 am, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> On Saturday 25 October 2003 16:31, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 October 2003 10:37 am, Redeeman wrote:
> > > hi, i have a ASUS-A7N266, it has a nforce420 chipset, but the
> > > stuff it shows are all wrong, partly, some of it is true, i
> > > believe its the values lm-sensors use in the config, some
> > > stuff:
> > >
> > > this is what i have installed:
> > > sys-apps/lm-sensors-2.8.0 *
> > > sys-apps/i2c-2.8.0 *
> > >
> > > /etc/conf.d/lm-sensors:
> > > MODULE_0=i2c-amd756
> > > MODULE_1=w83781d
> > >
> > > lsmod:
> > > w83781d                24756   0  (unused)
> > > i2c-amd756              3370   0  (unused)
> > > i2c-proc                6804   0  [w83781d]
> > > i2c-core               14980   0  [w83781d i2c-amd756 i2c-proc]
>
> It appears our motherboards are rather similar, at least in the
> sensor(s) used. I've got the same w83781d on mine.
>
> lsmod lists these related items:
>
> Module                  Size  Used by    Tainted: P
>
> w83781d                20752   0
> i2c-isa                 1128   0  (unused)
> i2c-proc                7216   0  [w83781d]
> i2c-dev                 4836   0  (unused)
> i2c-core               13540   0  [w83781d i2c-isa i2c-proc
> i2c-dev]
>
> > > the stuff is shows is wrong as i said,
> > > http://sysinfo.redeeman.linux.dk will show you, i might not be
> > > online all time, but almost all time, any ideas how to get
> > > correct values is appreciated, thanks
> >
> > has mailing lists. You may be able to find someone there with the
> > same motherboard willing to share their formulas with you. I
> > would send my settings but your board is different and I had
> > different errors than you so I wouldn't be able to help.
> >
> >     The temp on your southbridge bothers me.
>
> I'd guess the CPU temperature is wrong too, unless he's got serious
> cooling in place !! 18C is very low. I'd say it's off by half as
> 36C is more "normal" (at idle). Well, with my XP2500 it is.

        I missed that.... temps were not an issue for me. I had voltage
readings off by factors of 2 or 3. Now I need to unplug the UPC and
hopefully that will drop voltages enough so I can recalculate my
formulas. It looks like I'll need to have a delta of almost 2 volts
on the 12 volt side to get close. I'm not at all convinced that it
matters that much. It seems like I'm close. Assuming that a +12 V
reading on my meter is correct. I've set the fomulas to reflect 12V
on sensors. A 11.93 reading on the meter, shows 11.95 on sensors. If
my math is right, I'm off by less than 0.2% The -5V readings may not
be nearly so close and present more of a problem to recompute. This
will require booting to bios to read the voltages, assuming that the
power supply is well regulated, I won't have a lot of time to play
before the UPC dies.
        Is all this worth it? I doubt it, but I like to play. Hell, I use
Gentoo, don't I?

> Regards
> Hall

Regards, Ernie