Chris I wrote:
Hi.

I, and many others at my school are having a problem with (at least) one person running a DHCP server on their laptops. People often get invalid addresses due to this and cannot (easily) access network resources. It's so far been fairly hard to track down this individual, so we can't disable the server.

Short from trying harder to find him and kicking him in the shins, can anybody think of a way to block dhcp servers, or to specify which is allowed to be used. I've tried ip and mac filtering in iptables, but it doesnt seem to be effective.

You're my kind of admin :)

--
Andrew Gaffney