> Unfortunately I am not an admin, I'm a lowly student. The admins seem
> to think that it is a config issue on my end, and refuse to even look
> into it. Maybe I should stick gum in their hair or something suitibly
> mature.

Sorry to hear that you are unable to get the proper attention to your
problems. I guess that what happens when you have amateurs running your
network, fortunely it is amateurs that keep me in business.

That being the case I agree going with the firewall rules. If you can
get the IP addresses of the real DHCP and only accept DHCP resoponse
from those servers you should be set.