I have a printer attached to my parallel port that I would like to make
available to a win98 client on the same subnet. I've added cupsd to the
default runlevel.

I've set up dhcpd/ip masquerading for the windows client. It can browse the
net and gets assigned an ip.

When going to the add a printer program in the control panel for a network
printer, I see a "Network path or queue name". Entering the IP of the
computer with the printer or the printer name results in a message telling me
the printer is offline (which it's not).

What could I be missing?
--
Stephen

dhcpd.conf:

# option definitions common to all supported networks...
option domain-name "theboulets.net";
option domain-name-servers dns1,dns2;
ddns-update-style ad-hoc;

default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;

# If this DHCP server is the official DHCP server for the local
# network, the authoritative directive should be uncommented.
authoritative;

# Use this to send dhcp log messages to a different log file (you also
# have to hack syslog.conf to complete the redirection).
# log-facility local7;

# No service will be given on this subnet, but declaring it helps the
# DHCP server to understand the network topology.

subnet <home subnet.0> netmask 255.255.255.0 {
}

# This is a very basic subnet declaration.

subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
  range 192.168.1.198 192.168.1.202;
  option routers 192.168.1.1;
}