On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:37:59 -0600
Andrew Gaffney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There are 2 solutions to this problem. 1) Unmerge alsa-driver and remove the line
> 'media-sound/alsa-driver' from '/var/cache/edb/worl' or 2) recompile your kernel
> with your
> current compiler version and reboot with the new kernel. I believe either way should
> solve
> your problem.
>
> --
> Andrew Gaffney
Hi Andrew,
I had already done 1). And was afraid that I would have to do 2) but I guess I'll have
to.
I'm in the middle if emerge -e world and there is some etc-updating to do. Should I do
this before recompiling the kernel? When I go back to
emerge --resume -e will it pick up where I left off?
Thanks,
lodger