mathieu wrote:

Le Lundi 27 Octobre 2003 16:45, Stephen Liu a écrit :

I did not mount. After being asked to enter password to do maintenance,
I entered password and proceeded to edit /etc/devfsd.conf

as I tell in last post, in maintenance mode, / is mounted ro, mount it rw:

mount -o remount,rw /

I tried cd /boot but could not found /grub/grub.conf there, only an
empty folder

/boot is not mounted, so it's empty. nothing wrong.

Now I am not allowed to reboot nor shutdown with following warning popup
[root@(none) /]# reboot
init: timeout opening/writing control channel /dev/initctl
[rootr@(none) /]# shutdown -h now
init: timeout opening/writing control channel /dev/initctl

also normal. with only / mounted and ro, you can safely reboot with the reset switch.

Further to my previous posts

I made a force-reboot by pressing reset switch as advised. OS now revives.

Lot of thanks

B.R.
Stephen