Hi Paul and others,

HELP !!!!
My OS crashed while playing around to install the burner.

Last modification made
/etc/devfsd.conf
umcomment following line
 Create /dev/cdrw for the first cdrom on the scsi bus

(remark : /dev/scsi found)

Rebooted PC Following warning popup;

Failed to open the filesystem.

If the partition table has not been changed, and the partition is valid and it really contains a reiserfs partition, then the super block is corrupted and your need to run --rebuild-sb,

Logined as root
# e2fsck --rebuild-sb
e2sfck: invalid option -- -

I was not allowed to edit /etc/devfsd.conf even login as ROOT

Kindly help. I am now posting from another PC

(remark: root- reiserfs )

B.R.
Stephen

Paul Kimberley wrote:

Did you modify your lilo or grub configuration?
What happens is the IDE controller grabs the CD-R device and then the
ide-scsi mod can't access it.

You need to  add the 'hdX=scsi' (where X is the device letter) argument
at boot.
i.e my grub.conf reads
kernel=(hd1,0)/bzImage root=/dev/hdd hdc=ide-scsi

This tells the IDE controller not to touch hdc, which leaves it for the
ide-scsi mod to configure it.

-Paul

Hi all folks,

Just added a IDE CD burner as slave

As root
# echo -e "ide-scsi\nsg\nsr_mod" >> /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.4
# depmod