On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 18:51, Renat Golubchyk wrote:
> On Saturday 25 October 2003 16:31, Hall Stevenson wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Any way to check for multiple versions of a package ?? I'll be off
> > R'ing TFM in the meantime.
>
> >From "qpkg --help" last lines:
>
> Examples:
>   qpkg --dups           print duplicates oldest first
>   qpkg --dups -v        .. with versions

Okay, here's where I'm pausing at with 'qpkg --dups -v":

====================================
app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd-3.0-r1
app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd-3.1-r1
app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd-4.1-r1
app-text/docbook-sgml-dtd-4.0-r1
dev-libs/glib-1.2.10-r5
dev-libs/glib-2.2.3
gnome-base/control-center-1.4.0.5-r1
gnome-base/control-center-2.4.0
gnome-base/gconf-1.0.8-r5
gnome-base/gconf-2.4.0.1
gnome-base/gnome-panel-1.4.2-r2
gnome-base/gnome-panel-2.4.0-r1
gnome-base/gnome-vfs-1.0.5-r3
gnome-base/gnome-vfs-2.4.0
gnome-base/libglade-0.17-r6
gnome-base/libglade-2.0.1
gnome-extra/libgtkhtml-2.4.0
gnome-extra/libgtkhtml-3.0.9
media-libs/freetype-2.1.4
media-libs/freetype-1.3.1-r3
sys-libs/db-4.0.14-r2
sys-libs/db-1.85-r1
x11-libs/gtk+-1.2.10-r10
x11-libs/gtk+-2.2.4-r1
====================================

What's with all the docbook-sgml packages ?? I'm not touching either of
the two db packages as some app probably needs one version while another
app needs the other version.

I'm guessing that gtk/gnome packages like gconf or glib aren't
"compatible", i.e. a package needs glib-1.2-10 and glib-2.2.3 will NOT
work for it.

I would get rid of gnome-panel-1, but I'm betting some app has a
panel-applet that requires it...

Regards
Hall