On Oct 27, 2003, at 6:20 pm, eric heller wrote:

I can't stand nautilus and konqueror and the like. I personally use a
little program called Xfe as my file explorer/manager. To my knowledge,
there's no gentoo ebuild for it...

$ emerge -s xfe Searching... [ Results for search key : xfe ] [ Applications found : 1 ]

* x11-misc/xfe [ Masked ]
Latest version available: 0.54.2
Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
Size of downloaded files: 534 kB
Homepage: http://sourceforge.net/projects/xfe/
Description: X File Explorer (Xfe) is an MS-Explorer like file manager for X. It is based on the popular, but discontinued, X Win Commander, which was developed by Maxim Baranov. Xfe aims to be the filemanager of choice for all the Unix addicts.

I have no idea why it's masked, but it should be easy to find out.

Stroller.