I have a Compaq Evo N1000v laptop running Gentoo. It's working amazingly
well :)

I have been researching some wireless network cards, and have run into a
brick wall.

This laptop has a small module on the lid of the laptop that allows for
an external wireless access module. I bought the module. It is a
"Compaq/HP Wireless LAN W200". It is picked up by the kernel as being a
USB adapter. Here is the dmesg output:

usb.c: USB disconnect on device 02:0e.0-3 address 3
hub.c: new USB device 02:0e.0-3, assigned address 4
usb.c: USB device 4 (vend/prod 0x49f/0x76) is not claimed by any active
driver.

I have tried to compile in all of the kernel items listed under USB
network cards, but none of them are working. Does anyone have any ideas
if this even works with Gentoo? Is there something else I can try to
make it work? Thanks in advance.
--
:wq!

  Matthew Daubenspeck