Hey folks.  Based on some of the recent discussion about RAID and SATA
and whatnot, I was wondering if anyone had any benchmarks for SATA vs
IDE performance.   I found some stuff over at storage review, but that
was more focused on SATA vs SATA performance.  I remember a review on /.
sometime ago when SATA was just coming out that basically concluded that
it was find and dandy, but not much faster than the equivelant IDE
storage.  I have SATA on my A7N8X-DX, and was thinking of using it up,
but wanted to find out a bit more first.  It looks like the drives are
only a couple of bucks more than the same size/cache IDE drive, but is
there any performance gain (other than the fact that the MB has built in
SATA RAID0 of course :)

alan

--
Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://arcterex.net