Hi,

I was using kde this morning, and i was dragging a menu item from the K
menu, to my panel. And suddenly the panel disapeared. Didn't come back.

So I dropped out of x, and tried to restart. X came up without KDE and
the message "could not start kdeinit" came up, or something similar to
that.

So I did an emerge -u kde-libs, and in about an hour tried to start kde
again. This time the kde progress bar thingy came up and went thru all
the steps. However once again there was no panel.. :(

Also, this happens whether i start kde as root or as my non-root user.

Anyone have any tips or clues as to how i can fix this ? Note i am not
against typing

"emerge unmerge kde;emerge kde" ,but others have warned me that this may
be unsafe.

Thanks.

Jeff.