Tom Eastman wrote:

My LAN up until now ran on a DSL Modem that doubled as a four-port 10mbit Network hub (It's a Nokia M1122). Today I bought a Speedcom 8-port 10/100 switching hub to plug all the computers into, for the speed, extra ports and better security.

Now, it all works perfectly with all my LAN computers plugged into it and it in turn plugged into to hub built in to the DSL modem. EXCEPT for one computer. When I have it plugged into the switch it simply will not communicate with *anything*. No pings either two or from any other computers.

You didn't use a cross-over cable instead of a straight one for that computer by any chance? It is possible that the hub autodetects that and adapts itself, while the switch doesn't.

--
"Codito ergo sum"
Roel Schroeven