--- Nicholas George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On the windows box try running "netstat -e" from the command prompt.
> can't test it right now, but I'm pretty sure that error counter will
> climb like crazy given a link speed/duplex mismatch.  "netstat -s"
> will
> also show error statistics for icmp, tcp and udp.

Hopefully you'll have this figured out with the suggestions that have
been provided. If not, I ran into the same type of issue where all
other computers on the lan could talk to the same switch just fine. No
matter what I tried to do...change switch ports (16 to choose from),
cables..ect..ect..
Well come to find out the nic that I was using was just a cheap piece
of crap and the nic drivers where just incompatible when trying to
negotiate. Stupid part was that I couldn't force the nic to work at
10half or 100half duplex. It only auto negotiated with what ever it was
plugged into.
Long story short, I replaced the nic with a new brandname 3com and it
worked just fine.

HTH's if nothing has so far. But doing what everyone has mentioned so
far will basically isolate your problem down to the nic if forceing the
nic to 10half or 100half duplex doesn't work.

JBanks