Short answer: You can do just about anything you want. Its all a matter of figuring it
out.

> i am going to make my own version of the livecd, i read the thread on
> the forum, but i still have questions, is it possible to recompile it
> all? and then add more stuff too, and will it be possible to integrate
> portage into it and stuff?

Your going to have to realize a couple things.. First, everything that can be written,
must be on ramdisk since you can't assume you will find a hard drive to write it too.
The more dynamic stuff you have, the bigger the ramdisk. You will run out of memory
real fast if you think your going to be able to do a emerge sync into a ramdisk. But,
As I said, you "can" do it.

> anothing thing, when the livecd loads, you can choose between
> 2 kernels,
> gentoo kernel, and gentoo smp kernel, would it be possible for me to
> have a 2.6 kernel and a 2.4 kernel? and in case, how?

I have no idea why gentoo's livecd doesn't have a bigger selection of kernels.. Thats
a low amount of disk space. But thats just configuring grub, or whatever you use, to
handle all the kernels before you make the iso and making sure all the kernels compile
everything you need..

This all depends on what kind of live cd you want, something a bunch of computers can
use, or build one for a specific pc you have..