On Saturday 08 November 2003 21:00, Patrick Marquetecken wrote:
> I just saw something weird, when xscreensaver was actieve, my daughter
> entered the root password (just lucky) in combination with my username
> and my screen was unlocked !!!

Just lucky? Your root password is your daughter's name is it not? ;-) You
shouldn't give out even hints about stuff like that.

> I tough only the right combination  of username and password will unlock
> te screen?

XScreensaver always accepts the root password regardless of who is logged in
so that root can always access the machine. Take the case where VTSwitching
and killing of the XServer are disabled, root can only gain access to the
machine by getting passed the screensaver.

Jason