Op za 08-11-2003, om 13:52 schreef Jason Stubbs:
> On Saturday 08 November 2003 21:00, Patrick Marquetecken wrote:
> > I just saw something weird, when xscreensaver was actieve, my daughter
> > entered the root password (just lucky) in combination with my username
> > and my screen was unlocked !!!
>
> Just lucky? Your root password is your daughter's name is it not? ;-) You
> shouldn't give out even hints about stuff like that.
well actually, I use it as standard password on another computer at
home, with she knows.

> > I tough only the right combination  of username and password will unlock
> > te screen?
>
> XScreensaver always accepts the root password regardless of who is logged in
> so that root can always access the machine. Take the case where VTSwitching
> and killing of the XServer are disabled, root can only gain access to the
> machine by getting passed the screensaver.
>
> Jason

Thanks.

Patrick
--
"Do you know what a Vulcan mind meld is?" -- Tuvok
"It's that thing where you grab someone's head..." -- Crewman Suiter

PGP Key: http://users.pandora.be/rivendell/marquetp.gpg
Fingerprint = 2792 057F C445 9486 F932 3AEA D3A3 1B0C 1059 273B
ICQ# 316932703
Registered Linux User #44550
http://counter.li.org