Matt,

Here's a new concept for you: If you want people to respect you, then
try to respect them. If you don't respect others, you deserve what you
get. It's your choice.

In public, people normally follow a code of rules called 'ethics'. In
private you can do whatever you like. I think THIS is fair.

Thank you,
Chris