On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 14:14, Charles Holbrook wrote:
> Can anyone point me an FAQ or help file for creating my own packages and
> how I would manage them?  I am currently looking at gentoo as a complete
> replacement for redhat in my work environment, the only thing holding me
> back is figuring out how to create my own packages and how to set up an
> internal package server.

All you do is write ebuilds and add them to your overlay (and preferably
post them to bugs.gentoo.org so others can benefit).

Here are three good resources for writing and submitting ebuilds:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/policy.xml
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-howto.xml
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-submit.xml

And on overlays:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=53823

Setting up rsync and distfiles servers (ignore the stuff about
submitting etc.):
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/rsync.xml
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/source_mirrors.xml