> Hello All,
Hi!

> I've been using RedHat most of my linux life and now i'm in a searching
> mode.  I'm an intermediate user and wanted to learn more of the
> background/inner workings of linux and came across gentoo.  I think its
> great that its so customizable.  So my deliema is that I've begun using
> Mandrake and would like to dual boot gentoo with it until I come up to
> speed.  Is this possible? If so, how?
Yes, it is possible, and quite simple. Usually, when you partition your
drive, you should consider how to split your drive(s). I once had
similar dual-boot system with RedHat and Mandrake, with shared /boot and
swap partitions, but all others were separate. Then I installed grub
into /boot, and configured it to boot both redhat and mandrake kernels,
with different root= parameter. And that is all.