On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:52:54 +0100
Michael Spohn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am trying to install for local users their $HOME/public_html directory
> to be accessible under apache 2 pointing the browser to
> http://localhost/~username
>
> I get from the browser:
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /~michael/cv/index.html on this
> server.

I would have liked to test the following before posting, but I managed to break
my libphp4 and am currently rebuilding php - so no testing currently :\

Insert the following in /etc/apache2/commonapache2.conf:

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
        AllowOverride File AuthConfig Limit
        Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
        <IfModule mod_access.c>
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all

        </IfModule>
</Directory>

I hope that works, but it should.

--
Dennis Freise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GnuPG key fingerprint: 2DE8 CCEF 6E20 11D4 3B27  21EC B0BA 1749 D2C8 38ED