Thanks for the idea, unfortunately it does not work. I changed the
section in my commonapache2.conf:

... snip
<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride All
    Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
    #Options MultiViews -Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
    <IfModule mod_access.c>
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
    </IfModule>
</Directory>
snip ...

Still I don't have the permission...

I don't have any experience with the virtual server thing. Will give it
a try. Thanks

Michael