Mark Knecht wrote:
Hi,
Found this issue and tried it twice tonight on two different
machines.

With xscreensaver locked and waiting for your password, I walk up and
hit Alt-Ctrl-Backspace. It kills X and drops me into the console as you.
At this point I have your account.

   I guess this is an XFree issue? Is there a way to configure XFree to
not do this? Or is this an xscreensaver issue. Should it trap the key
sequence and do nothing?

Is this a known bug? It seems quite dangerous to me.

From 'man XF86Config':

Option "DontZap"  "boolean"
  This disallows the use of the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace sequence.  That sequence is normally
  used to terminate the X server.  When this option is enabled, that key sequence has
no
  special meaning and is passed to clients.  Default: off.

--
Andrew Gaffney