On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:39:56 -0500
"Ric Messier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bit of a red herring, actually. If I can walk up to your system, it
> won't matter whether I can hit Ctrl-Alt-Bksp to get into your account
> or not. If I have physical access to your box, I own it. Period.

Why server rooms are locked restricted areas (or should be).  However,
you can take a number of precautions to at least force a console
attacker to have to open your box to reset the bios (remove battery for
20+ minutes, jumper the bios reset pins if equiped).

The correct answer, though, is not to leave a logged in system.  Then
you don't have to worry about it.

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto
GPG key autoresponder:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]