On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 12:59:45 +0100
humbaba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
> I was wondering if it is possible to start an X program for instance
> xMule and then logout to let somebody else login and let him do his
> work, while xMule is still running.

Yes.

Go to a console screen (<Ctrl>+<Alt>+<F2> for example), login and type:
startx -- :1
note that you _must_ use two dashes.  This tells X to start on a
different screen.  You can also tell it which vt to use if you want so
you know where it is (man X).

Once your xmule program is running, you can hit <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<F7> to
return to the X login screen (or <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<F1> to get back to a
console prompt.

Note: anyone at the keyboard can use the same method to get to your
login.

Ciao,

David-
                Nemesis Racing Team motto
GPG key autoresponder:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]