On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:23:40 -0500
Heitzso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> So, what works well with gentoo (802.11b wise)?

I've had great results with Orinoco, Avaya, and Proxim.  They're all the
same card, basically.  Proxim bought Orinoco.  But don't get the client
PC card, get the classic.  I must have about a dozen working in
notebooks and in desktops with the PCI/PCMCIA bridge cards.  They work
in peer mode or in managed mode connecting to an access point (of which
I have several).

One note:  you _can_ use the Orinoco USB client, but support is not yet
native to the kernel, so you have to d/l, compile, and install the
drivers.  I have a couple of these working, but unless you're
comfortable doing this, stay away from the USB until it's added to the
kernel (still not available in 2.6.0-test9).

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto
GPG key autoresponder:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]