On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 09:51:12PM +0100, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:
> Who are Gentoo managers? Are they elected? Are they Gentoo Technologies
> Inc employees?

All managers are listed on
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/metastructure/projects.xml?showlevel=1. They
are indeed elected by the following procedure:

When there is a vacancy, all developers can propose other developers as
project lead. Then all developers (including the nominees) can tell why a
certain person should not be made project lead. Then the existing managers
choose the new lead from the remaining nominees.

This election procedure is currently a "draft" procedure. Before we took the
most capable person that was interested, as previously we didn't had this
much developers (nor was the management team really official).

> >Everybody can propose to alter the Social Contract.
>
> Can Gentoo maintainers alter the Social Contract?

Everybody can propose to alter the Social Contract. That's all there is to
it. No-one is allowed to touch the contract without being backed up by
the managers decision.

Wkr,
        Sven Vermeulen

--
 ^__^   And Larry saw that it was Good.
 (oo)                                      Sven Vermeulen