Well, since Daniel started Gentoo and it's private I would assume that he has final say and I really can't find fault with that as he came up with Gentoo and has put a lot of time into it.

As someone else asked - what's the point of all this? It sounds like you have an agenda you want to accompish. I would suggest you email Daniel directly and deal with him rather than on the list as none of us can really answer your questions.

I would also suggest you take time to peruse the mail list archives as there was a big discussion on Gentoo and it's structure, goals, and aims about 6-9 months ago. Read it first before opening it all up again.