Hi Redeeman,

> hi, i am running linux2.6-test9, and i want to use iptables,
> i read the gentoo ip masqurading guide, but, i am wondering
> about the stuff kernel side, i only want to filter some
> ports, and forward some ports, what stuff should i enable in
> the kernel? and after that, should i emerge iptables? (is
> iptables a program needed to use the iptables stuff in
> kernel?)

I added all kernel options under netfilter (excluding ipchains and
experimental stuff) as modules. The iptables in Portage wouldn't compile
on my hardware so I downloaded the latest available from the iptables
website, compiled and installed that successfully. Then used
turtlefirewall to configure my firewall rules.

Cheers!
Chris