On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:

> It works fine with startx.  I change rc.conf for XSESSION to XFCE4 if I

That was the bit I was wondering. I tried it last night by starting it
with startxfce4 just to get it running and never got around to
trying to set the XSESSION var.

> remember correctly (the Gentoo box is not up) and all I do is startx and I
> get xfce4.  I've used xfce3 and 4 and it's an excellent app.  I used to use
> KDE but dropped it. I find xfce does everything and is very fast.

Seems to be fast. Not sure about "does everything" having just come from
Gnome. Taking a little to get used to. It may end up being too much like
CDE, an environment I hated, but giving it a shot. I thought I had read
where it was easily scripted and modified but haven't found that yet. On
the other hand, have just started to get using it so it's early yet.

Ric