On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 07:36:50AM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Interesting. I was running a standard xterm yesterday when I tested,
> so following on I just tried dosemu under Eterm. The arrow keys work,
> but the Alt key doesn't, so I cannot get back to the menu when I try
> to get out of FreeDOS Edit. Like you, I am fine in the console which
> is where I'll probably use this anyway.

I realized there's an "xdosemu" program as well.  In this, everything
appears to work as expected.

My main reason for using dosemu was to look at a bunch of "ANSI art" I
created many years ago.  xdosemu automatically picks a terminal font
that supports (correct) displaying of those high-ascii characters.  (In
other words, another downside to running "vanilla" dosemu in an xterm is
that you have to make sure you're using a font capable of displaying
those high-ascii characters.)

Thanks again for all the feedback!
Matt