Kurt Bechstein wrote:
Anyone else had any problems with 2.6 lockups?  I've just only recently
noticed when trying to burn a lot of cds in a row.  I would to be able
to burn 4 or 5 without issue and then all of the sudden my laptop would
freeze.  I'm using scsi emulation with 2.6.0-test9-mm4.  I'm just using
cdrecord from the command line as well.  I looked through
/var/log/syslog, /var/log/messages, and /var/log/kern.log and couldn't
find anything.  The system just hard locks, no mouse, no keyboard, can't
ssh into it or anything.

I have since booted back into the 2.4 kernel and all seems to be ok
again.  This is on an HP Pavillion ze4125 laptop.

Is it possible that its a heat issue? CD drives tend to generate a lot of heat, and that's not good in the confined space of a laptop. Can you check the temperatures in the BIOS when you restart it? When you switched back to 2.4, did you try burning 5 or so CDs to see if it would lock up again?

--
Andrew Gaffney