On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:30:17 -0500 Kurt Bechstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyone else had any problems with 2.6 lockups?

Never.

< I've just only recently
> noticed when trying to burn a lot of cds in a row.  I would to be able
> to burn 4 or 5 without issue and then all of the sudden my laptop would
> freeze.

No idea, I don't burn that many CDs.

> I'm using scsi emulation with 2.6.0-test9-mm4.  I'm just using
> cdrecord from the command line as well.

I use the ATAPI support (not SCSI emulation, i.e 'cdrecord dev=ATAPI:0,1,0 ...'

< I looked through
> /var/log/syslog, /var/log/messages, and /var/log/kern.log and couldn't
> find anything.  The system just hard locks, no mouse, no keyboard, can't
> ssh into it or anything.
>
> I have since booted back into the 2.4 kernel and all seems to be ok
> again.  This is on an HP Pavillion ze4125 laptop.

As others posted, this is likely to ve an overheating and/or memory problem.
Check temperatures and maybe run memtest86.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the