begin  quote
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:17:53 +0000
Paulo da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Tom Wesley wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 15:36, Paulo da Silva wrote:
> >

> >>I did an "emerge sync". Now, "emerge -DUp world" includes
> >>"Apache". What is "Apache" needed for!? I don't need "Apache".
> >>

> Here it goes.
>
> I saw the same question posted before (Andreas Koch) - thanks for the
> archive address - but couldn't find any answer.

try
qpkg -I -q apache (check your installed apps for dependencies to apache)

and qpkg -q apache  (Check all apps for dependencies to apache)

Now, By using the dissuaded and non-standard flag --deep you have cost
me a few minutes of time and a few more posts to a mailinglist. *sigh*

If you really want to know what the heck is causing it, emerge -evp
world, then tag each of those packages with an "emerge -vpuD <pack>"
until you find the thing that causes the break.   since you want "deep"
checking, thats about as deep as they become.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!