Guy Van Sanden wrote:
Hello

I've been using Gentoo on my desktops for a couple of weeks now, and I
really like it.
So I wanted to fit my laptop with it, it's a PII 366 Mhz with 128 MB
Ram.

But it is way to slow to compile stuff from source (vi might still work,
but KDE or even system would take a lifetime.

Is there any way to keep it semi-current between Gentoo releases using
mainly binary packages?
If yes, is there any documentation about this (where to find packages,
how to install them)?

Or, if you feel it has enough disk space, use distcc. You can even instruct it to offload all compilation remotely.