On Wednesday 26 November 2003 05:44, gabriel wrote:
> On November 25, 2003 03:09 am, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > It's a bit worrying that two packages (on my system) "own" the same file.
> > Which linux-headers are you running? If you find several, try unmerging
> > them all and then re-emerging the latest.
> >
> > That's about all the help I can provide at the moment. Hopefully it is
> > enough.
>
> well i unmerged all linux-headers packages and then re-emerged version
> 2.4.21-r1, (what does that do?)  then re-emerged glibc 2.3.2-r9 again since
> it reccomends it after installing linux-headers.  then i tried to emerge
> kdemultimedia and it died again.... in the same spot.
>
> i realise that someone already suggested that i edit
> "/usr/include/asm/byteorder.h" and see if that works, but i'm loathed to
> start screwing around with stuff i don't understand.  there must be a
> "right way"(tm) to fix this sort of thing.

Check out the bug report like Mike Gardiner said. The problem is there - in
extensive detail!

Basically, for the time being, you'll have to either downgrade gcc to 3.2.x or
edit /usr/portage/kde-base/kdemultimedia/kdemultimedia-3.1.4.ebuild and
change myconf="$myconf $myaudio $myinterface" to myconf="$myconf $myaudio
$myinterface --disable-strict". The latter is definately recommended.

Jason