gabriel wrote:
> On November 25, 2003 06:27 pm, Norberto Bensa wrote:
> > Just edit the damn /usr/include/asm/byteorder.h header file!
>  what has this change done to my system?

Replaced keywords with ANSI compatible ones. From "info gcc"

Alternate Keywords
==================

`-ansi' and the various `-std' options disable certain keywords.  This
causes trouble when you want to use GNU C extensions, or a
general-purpose header file that should be usable by all programs,
including ISO C programs.  The keywords `asm', `typeof' and `inline'
are not available in programs compiled with `-ansi' or `-std' (although
`inline' can be used in a program compiled with `-std=c99').  The ISO
C99 keyword `restrict' is only available when `-std=gnu99' (which will
eventually be the default) or `-std=c99' (or the equivalent
`-std=iso9899:1999') is used.

   The way to solve these problems is to put `__' at the beginning and
end of each problematical keyword.  For example, use `__asm__' instead
of `asm', and `__inline__' instead of `inline'.

   Other C compilers won't accept these alternative keywords; if you
want to compile with another compiler, you can define the alternate
keywords as macros to replace them with the customary keywords.  It
looks like this:

     #ifndef __GNUC__
     #define __asm__ asm
     #endif

   `-pedantic' and other options cause warnings for many GNU C
extensions.  You can prevent such warnings within one expression by
writing `__extension__' before the expression.  `__extension__' has no
effect aside from this.

--
 01:43:37 up  1:55,  1 user,  load average: 0.46, 1.58, 2.47