begin  quote
On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 01:11:35 +0100
Petric Frank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What about only downloading diffs (if available) and applying it to
> the older  version. This would reduce download times on client side
> and load on server  side. Ok - there must be a method to decide when
> it's better to retrieve a complete package.

*Harumm*

> Your thoughts ?

Old idea, old implementation. Google around a bit (or look in the
archives)  I think it was on -dev, its called "xdelta" and somone
(lisa?  carpaski? ) had it patched in.

using static diffs would simply be a regression since there would be
more changes to a build, and more complexity. better to work with a
regressive behaviour thats all-portage supported, and have a fallback to
normal.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!